Cameroon coffee is the best, don’t you agree?
Just in July 2022 we toured the North and Far North regions of Cameroon, conducting workshops to hotels and restaurants on various brewing methods.
This was the conclusion of our task to do these workshops across the national territory.
As we said then, we would like to emphasize, these are not one-off activities, but rather activities that will happen all the time. Our goal is to ensure every Cameroonian is well versed with Cameroon coffee and cocoa.
We want to ensure:
- We all know how to brew a good cup of coffee for ourselves at home and at the office;
- For coffee shops and hotels, you know how to play around with coffee to come up with different coffee drinks;
- Everyone knows how to grind and conserve coffee for the perfect aroma all the time.
All these and more push us to carry out these activities every now and then.
Our goal for the last couple of years and our key focus this year is to actively promote the consumption of Cameroon Coffee and Cocoa based products.
Cameroon coffee is appreciated by the international markets, we want you, fellow Cameroonians to also discover all these virtues.
This is why this week long workshop is being organized at our Akwa Laboratory in Douala to train staff who will in-turn become our ambassadors. We need more people reaching all the nooks and crannies of Cameroon teaching you:
- Various origins and coffee varieties;
- Virtues of coffee;
- Good post-harvest practices;
- Specialty coffee;
- Mixing / packaging and conservation tips for coffee;
- Everything you need to know about being a Barista;
- Brewing methods;
- The various coffee drinks with espresso as the base;
- Different snacks that are made in Cameroon from cocoa.
This is no doubt a follow up from all the feedback we got as we completed our country wide tour last July 2022 in Maroua, the Far North Region of Cameroon.
As previously reported, plans are underway to open up coffee shops around the country (university campuses) especially.
See how well we did in Maroua here on - https://oncc.cm/updates?update=maroua--nccb-drills-restaurant-and-hotel-chefs-on-coffee-brewing-methods-22-07-22