The Minister of Trade Mr. Luc Magloire Mbarga Atangana signed last Tuesday August 6, 2018 a circular letter prescribing the modalities for the 2018/2019 cocoa season.
This annual document serves as a reminder to sector operators on the regulatory framework governing cocoa trade in Cameroon. Emphasis laid on:
· The conditions for trading cocoa beans ;
· Internal and external purchase on cocoa;
· The role of various actors (administrative authorities, the National Cocoa and Coffee Board and the Cocoa and Coffee Interprofessional Council).
The text also stresses on the pursuit of:
· Fair returns to producers with a clarion call for quality ;
· Promotion of local transformation and consumption ;
· Securisation of export statistics;
Click here to download the complete arrêté n° 0541/MINCOMMERCE/CAB of on conditions and modalities for cocoa trade and Circular letter n°0766/MINCOMMERCE/CAB of ----